5.30.2008

Pecan Pie Bites

I was having a real sweet tooth this evening, and craving my old fav chocolate chip pecan pie from the local pie company. These did quite well to satisfy! I think I actually like these way better!

My batch tonight made about seven two-bite sized balls. I didn’t think to take the picture until I’d eaten most of ‘em!



Pecan Pie Bites

Dates, pits removed
Pecans
Cacao nibs (optional)


Ingredient measurements are all to taste. I made a small batch today (who needs a lot of sweets around?). I used 5 honey dates, two small hand-fulls of pecans and a sprinkling of nibs.

Process the dates and nuts in a food processor until uniform sized, add in nibs and process until sticky, but crumbly. Roll into bite sized balls. Eat! Yum! Store leftovers (if any!) in ‘fridge.

Alternatively, you might try putting these into a pan, cut/score into bars and refrigerate, or freeze. I haven’t had the patience to try that yet! :~) I would suggest plastic lining the pan, or use a spring-form. Let me know how well that works, if you try it.

:~)

No comments: