7.04.2009

Red, White, & Blue and Granola, too!




Sometimes, I really enjoy a bowl of "cereal".  This one, in the pic, is simply banana, blueberries, and raspberries, with sunflower seeds and nutmylk.  Very Yummy!

If you prefer a more traditional looking, and tasting, "cereal" give this granola a try:


coconut cream   3 to 4 tsp

maple syrup    1/4 cup (more or less to taste)

sea salt          pinch

cinnamon     1-2 TB


Handful or two of each:

apple   1/4, chopped small

mulberries

raisins

sunflower seeds


Bob’s Red Mill “7 grain” flakes  1/4 - 1/2 cup (optional, not raw)


Buckwheat groats  3/4 C, soaked 1 hour & sprouted for four hours.


Toss all, and dehydrate until dry.  (Or, eat as is!)



The bf likes this very much!  But, I found I liked this much better before it was dehydrated!  I have come to find that I am not overly fond of most dehydrated foods.  I much prefer fresh, like the one in the pic above!

Notes:  The coconut cream I used was by Tropical Traditions.  If you use Artisana "butter", or WIlderness Family "spread" (or some other) it may take a tad longer to dry.  That's a guess, as they both are considerably runnier than Tropical Traditions.


For those that celebrate this day, I hope you are having a fun, and safe 4th!


:~)




10 comments:

evergreen said...

Hi ~pixx!
I made your bowl of red , white, and blue today. I needed something fast, yummy and quiet..lol!

~pixx said...

Hey! Sorry I haven't been here in so long. Life's been a bit nutty. I plan on being busy here again soon.

Thanks for letting me know ya tried it out. I sure hope you enjoyed it! :~)

Simply Life said...

oh this looks delicious!

Elizabeth said...

Looks really good. I think it would be awesome with a raw cobbler crust on top!! Wish I had some berries.
Peace and Raw Health,
Elizabeth

Gabriele Agustini said...

Just found your blog! Love it!!
I'm a "Follower" now.
Thanks for sharing!
gabriele

Raederle said...

I actually soak my buckwheat groats overnight, sometimes for days even. They get so soft and absorb so much water.

I used to eat a lot of my own home-made raw granola, but then I realized that so much nut milk was not so great for me. Of course, I was having three bowls of the stuff a day... lol!

amy said...

I'm your 40th follower, CELEBRATION TIME!!

Love your blog!

-Amy :)

amy said...

Wait..FAIL.

I'm your 39th..hmph.

I realized you last posted in 2009. PLEASE POST MOREEEEEE :D

~pixx said...

Oh, it *is* delicious Simply Life! :) Raw cobbler crust sounds great, Elizabeth! Welcome, Gabriele (albeit incredibly overdue!)

Phoenix Muse, I find that sometimes I do really well on *lots* of nutmylk for a spell, and then I simply don't crave it any more. I tend to listen to my body now...and it speaks loud and clear!

Oh, please *do* celebrate, Amy!! 39 or 40, no matter! Welcome, and thanks for the push to post more... I'll try to do better here out!

Canada Business Directory said...

Looking delicious, thanks for sharing it with us. Keep writing good recopies.

Tacoma gym