10.31.2008

Peanut Butter Cookies


Mmmm... I have been craving peanut butter cookies for weeks now.  There is a local restaurant that makes incredible conventional cookies, but I've been really good about staying away from all that processed sugar and white flour.  So, I needed to come up with a way to satisfy that craving, and still be healthy!  Below is what I came up with.  No, peanut butter is not raw, but my diet is not 100% (nor am I aiming for that), so this works for me.   :~)

I have a small personal size food processor that works well for this (it's an attachment for an immersion blender.)  If your processor is large, or you are using a blender, you may need to triple (or more) the batch.


You will need: almonds, dates, cashews, and firm natural peanut butter.

Add to chopper/processor:  3 handfuls (about 1/4-1/3 cup total) of almonds, pulse until fine. add four large medjool dates (use more if dates are small). pulse. add 2 handfuls of cashews. pulse. add two knife chunks (about 2T total) of peanut butter. pulse until firm batter forms. shape into cookies.

Can substitute any (solid/dry) nut butter if choosing to stay all raw. Use less if your nut butter is loose/wet.



:~)



No comments: