5.25.2009

Peach Avocado Salsa


I ate this as is, but think it would be wonderful topped over a bed of salad greens!



avocado

peach

pineapple

lime juice

chili garlic



Peel and cube the first three ingredients, and combine, along with any juices collected when cutting.  Juice the lime over fruit.  Add chili garlic and toss *well* to coat evenly.


Tips:  Be very light handed with the chili garlic if it's new to you.  (I used one peach, one avocado, handful of frozen -thawed- pineapple pieces, juice of half a lime, and about 1/8 to 1/4 tsp of chili garlic.)


Chili garlic can be purchased at an asian market, although some regular grocery stores cary it in an ethnic section.  It is a thick paste of chili pepper and garlic finely chopped and mixed into sesame oil.  I am not sure if it is raw, but I use so little of it, I'm ok with that.  Alternatively, you could probably use hot chili flavored oil, or chop a fresh chili pepper and some garlic into the mix, with or without added oil.


I may try this out again with mango, in place of peach, since I have those on hand.  Feel free to vary up any of the ingredients, and let me know how it goes!


:~)



5 comments:

virginia said...

That looks and sounds awesome.I love the simplicity of your recipes.

~pixx said...

Thanks so much! It truly is quite yummy! I made it again, with mango last night. I actually changed a few things, so I will be posting that one soon.

rainburkett said...

I wonder if it might be easier to mix the chili garlic with the juices first, and then add that to the fruit. You'd probably get a more even flavor. Just an idea.

~pixx said...

I slice the fruit over the bowl, and let the juices just fall into it, so I never really separate it. But that is a good thought. Sounds like that might work well!

Raederle said...

Nifty blend. I imagine I would love that.